Succeed online casino it’s a puzzle with a lot of pieces, and most of them are almost identical – it’s your players, who are not easy but need to be attracted in order to start a business and not to stop. In this article, we’ll talk about the top trends.
An effective marketing plan is an absolute necessity in the gambling industry. In this day and age, getting attention (and keeping it) is a constant unequal battle. Operators have to keep coming up with new ideas to make the platform stand out.
The first part of our article about marketing for casinos and bookmakers is devoted to attracting customers: building traffic through affiliate partnerships, radio and social networks, as well as digital marketing techniques.
Empire casino online and sportsbooks need a steady stream of new players to thrive. They enter into partnerships to monetize their traffic, and if the partnership is on the right terms, it’s absolutely a win-win deal.
Affiliate is a form of performance marketing in which affiliates earn a commission on the traffic sent to the business, which in turn pays only for successful conversions. As a result, advertisers can compare affiliates’ performance against each other.
This type of marketing is common in many industries and is extremely popular in online gambling. The iGaming industry has a huge affiliate space with conferences and events attracting thousands of visitors each year.
There are two types of affiliate marketing for online casinos:
- The first is when affiliates join together to form an affiliate network. Affiliates find each other on aggregator sites, which serve as a kind of online marketplace for such contracts.
- The second is when affiliates join the network under the direct control of the online casino brand. Then all traffic from the affiliate network goes exclusively to one resource. This way of working with affiliates is less common, and is mostly used by large, established brands.
Players who share tips, strategies, reviews and opinions about the online gambling world often start their own blogs. Just like in any other field, they try to build enough traffic to monetize themselves. Over time, they gain a loyal group of followers, and their readers begin to trust their opinions and recommendations.
Streamers are figures popular on the internet who host live broadcasts of their casino gaming process, such as slots. They comment on the gameplay and often compare games to each other and give them ratings. The easiest way to find them is on YouTube, but they often post content on their sites as well.
Casino portals and review sites
Online casino portals that open doors to the world of online gambling are a common affiliate option. Players go to these resources for news, reviews and bonus information. There are also forums on such portals where players can complain about the service provided. Thus, these sites often become a place for resolving conflicts between players and casinos.
Players appreciate casino portals for the fact that they can find anything there, so these sites make effective partners.
Gambling affiliates don’t have to be all about gambling. Different players in online casinos may have different interests, so partnering with Influencers and content creators in other areas will help attract new groups of players. A lot of Influencers, for example: musicians, professional fighters, car specialists, and many others whose audience overlaps with the online casino audience, can be great affiliates if the partnership is well organized.
Affiliate compensation models
There are several affiliate compensation models that are common in the gambling industry:
- The Revenue Share is a model in which affiliates receive a percentage of the money lost by the players they have attracted to online casinos and sportsbooks. RevShare is the most commonly used compensation method in the affiliate marketing world because it motivates affiliates to generate relevant traffic and attract long-term, interested players. The more players lose, the more content creators get. RevShare also does a good job of evaluating affiliates against each other and figuring out which affiliates are better suited to promote your platform. The percentage of income an affiliate receives usually ranges from 20% to 45%. Naturally, more experienced affiliates charge a higher percentage for their work than new affiliates who are looking to work with larger clients.
- Pay Per Acquisition is a model in which affiliates are compensated for attracting leads who complete certain actions on the platform, such as making a deposit or registering. The CPA model is usually used by experienced affiliates with good reputations.
- Hybrid Model – affiliate programs offer a hybrid model in which affiliates receive both a payment for actions and a percentage of income received from the player.
- SEO is the process of calibrating and optimizing a website so that it ranks higher on Google, Bing and other search engines. SEO is a crucial part of marketing strategy these days, when a well-known wisdom says that if you can’t be found on the first page of Google, it’s as if you don’t exist at all. It is handled by experienced professionals who do a lot of creative and technical tasks. Just stuffing keywords on every page of your site may seem like a good idea at first, but it won’t work and traffic won’t grow. When optimizing your site, remember that you’re dealing with algorithms whose job is to satisfy the user and help them find what they’re looking for. Trying to please everyone means pleasing no one. Generic keywords with a high frequency of queries inevitably involve a lot of competition. Instead, clearly define your audience, study their tastes and habits, and select the keywords that best fit them. Despite low traffic, they will help target your target audience with less competition.
- Doorway resources are web pages created for the purpose of getting high rankings for search queries and then redirecting the resulting traffic to another site. Search engines perceive such sites as a form of manipulation (in the same way as keyword overload) and actively try to avoid such resources in search results. Dorwebs are not a good method of attracting traffic, but these pages are a good indicator of keyword value. High ad rates through Google Adwords are also a good indicator that the query is attracting customers.